Wig Buying Guide
What is the difference between a lace closure, a lace frontal, a 360-lace closure, and a full lace closure?
- Lace closure: a lace closure is a piece of thin lace with attached hair strands. The closure is sewn to the crown of a wig to conceal the stitches. Generally, the measurement of a closure is about 4 by 4 inches. A three-part closure is designed such that it can be worn in a middle, left or right part. For lace closure braided wigs, the hair strands of the closure are braided with braiding hair.
- Lace frontal: a frontal is an ear to ear stretch of lace with hair attached. The measurement is usually around 14 by 4 inches. Unlike a lace closure, a lace frontal provides more versatility in styling options. To achieve a natural look, the frontal should be well-customized to mimic the natural hairline of the wig wearer.
- 360-lace frontal: as the name connotes, a 360-lace frontal is a stretched lace with attached hair strands designed to cover the circumference of the head. A high or low ponytail style can be achieved with a 360.
- Full lace: the entire full lace wig is hand-knotted strand by strand onto the lace. There are a plethora of style options available for wearing a full lace wig. Because of the intricate requirement for constructing a full lace wig, they are generally more expensive than lace closure, frontal and 360 wigs.
What is the difference between human hair and synthetic braiding hair?
- Synthetic hair fibers are fine threads manufactured to resemble human hair. The hair cannot be re-colored.
- Human Hair offers a natural look and feel. It is remarkably soft and has a shine and movement that is not easily duplicated in synthetic hair.
What do bleached knots and plucking mean?
- Bleaching or 'lightening' reduces the visibility of the knots. Bleaching knots give the lace a more natural look.
- Plucking ensures the lace hairline mirrors a real hairline.
How do I care for my Instant Arẹ̀wà Hair Wig?
- Be gentle on the hair and avoid rough handling.
- Finger comb twists/braids.
- If the ends begin to frizz, clump up, or feel hard, dip only ends in boiled hot water for 2 minutes. Don’t squeeze after treating the ends in hot water, so that they remain straight. To dry the ends, dab with a towel.
- Do not use external heat on the unit or brush it when wet.
- Keep the unit clean (frequency of cleaning will depend on the frequency of wearing).
- Can I shampoo the braid or twist wig?
- Yes, the wig can be shampooed. See instructions:
- Fill a clean sink or large bowl with cool water and add a small quantity of shampoo.
- Immerse the unit several times in the shampoo water. Do not allow it bunch up in one area. Finger comb it.
- Rinse thoroughly with cool water and gently squeeze. Don’t squeeze closure part.
- For sleek ends, dip only the ends in boiled hot water for 2 minutes.
- Don’t squeeze after treating the ends in hot water, so that they remain straight. To dry the ends, dab with a towel.
- Allow the unit to air dry on a wig stand. Allow enough time to dry completely.
- Finish with a light oil sheen if you desire.
What do you mean by processing time?
- Processing time is the time required for the creation of the wig, starting from when the payment was received.
How long is the processing time?
- Because of the significant amount of manual effort involved in the braiding and quality control processes, the processing time is 3 to 6 weeks. However, if we have the wig in stock, it will be shipped on the business day following receipt of payment.
If your order does not arrive by the shipping time provided during your purchase, please send an email along with your order number to email@example.com.
Shipping and Payment
How do you deliver the wigs?
- We deliver through priority USPS mail. Shipping time is usually between 2 to 3 business days for local US deliveries. International deliveries will be through international couriers, within reasonable shipping times.
How long will it take to receive my wig after I place an order?
- To determine an estimated time of arrival of your ordered unit, add the processing time of 3 to 6 weeks, to the shipping time of 2 to 3 days, except for wigs in stock.
Which locations do you ship to?
- We ship globally.
Will I be notified when my order is shipped?
- Yes, we will notify you via email and provide the tracking information.
Can I change the shipping address after I have placed my order?
- Unfortunately, you cannot change your shipping address. However, you can cancel your order within 24 hours, and reorder with the accurate address.
Can orders be delivered to a PO Box or APO/FPO address?
- Unfortunately, delivery cannot be made to a PO Box.
What is the shipping fee?
- All shipping is done from our corporate office in Coppell, TX. The shipping fee will be calculated at the checkout page once you have entered your address.
What are the payment methods available?
- We accept PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, and AMEX
Please note that returned wigs should be in the original condition with no alterations to the wig. We cannot accept any wig that has been altered.
What if I receive a defective wig?
We are committed to providing you with superior natural-looking wigs. If the unit is defective, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org within 3 days of receiving the unit. The wig should only be returned when we give the go-ahead via email. If the wig is returned in its original condition, we will gladly refund your purchase or provide an exchange.
Customers will be responsible for the shipping and handling charges of return items. We recommend you get tracking on your returns so that proof of delivery can be verified. If the package does not reach us in its original condition, or at all, we will not be able to provide you an exchange/refund.
What if I change my mind and no longer want the wig?
If you change your mind and need to return the wig in its original condition, please notify us at email@example.com within 3 days of receiving the wig. Because of the significant effort involved in creating these wigs, a restocking fee of $60 will be applied. The wig should only be returned when we give the go-ahead via email. Customers will be responsible for the shipping and handling charges of return items. We recommend you get tracking on your returns so that proof of delivery can be verified. If the package does not reach us in its original condition, or at all, we will not be able to provide you a refund.
Head Band Wig
Due to the nature of the product, all sales are final. We cannot accept exchanges or returns.
- For any other return/exchange matter not mentioned here, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond within 48 hours.
It is highly crucial you provide an accurate and complete mailing address. Instant Arẹ̀wà Hair will not be responsible for packages delivered to a wrong address which you have provided. If the USPS tracking information states that your package has been delivered, but you have not received your package, please contact us. Once the package is in the hands of the USPS, they become responsible for the safe delivery of your items. If a package isn’t properly delivered, upon notification from the customer, we will open up a case with the USPS.
I want a style that is not on the website
- We have got you covered. If you want a cornrow, braid or twist style not currently on our website, please send a picture of the style to email@example.com. We will inform you how much the style will cost within 48 business hours of receipt of your email.
Where is your company based?
- Instant Arẹ̀wà Hair is based in Coppell, Texas, and is registered with the Dallas County. Our wigs are made by skilled braiders in Nigeria. By shopping with us, you are supporting local braiders in Nigeria.
If you have any other questions not covered here, kindly send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.